Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Thursday, 29 December 2011

It's coming back! : )

Joy's speech is slowly coming.... again. I am very excited to hear new words and some previous words from her yesterday and today. Her words were used accurately too, according to the situation.

Last night, she came to me with her little mermaid miniature which broke in half. She gave it to me and said 'tao' (put it back together). - this is a total new one.

Today, she responded with 'yao' (want), 'yao hua' (want flower), yao a'.... continuosly when hubby took her plastic flower away and asked her to voice out to ask for it. ('hua' is also considered new word. Before her autism took over at around 18 months, she loved to say 'hua' every time she sees one. She loves flowers)

This evening, she came to me with one of her favourite interactive flash card. ( O - octopus). Usually she would    grab my fingers and point to the alphabet and picture. (meaning to ask me to read for her). Today, she came to me, showed it to me and said 'du' (read). - this is another totally new one. After I read it for her, she traced the alphabet with her finger. All by herself. Wao! (do I sound like a crazy mom? but..... I don't care!)

Just now, she came to me and climbed onto my lap. She clapped her hands as I sang 'If you are happy' song. Then she pulled my hands and said 'zhou' (come). ('zhou' has been missing for almost a year). She pulled me towards the TV. She pointed to the box in response to my question (what do you want?). Then, (You want to watch TV?) - she nodded and ran off to her favourite seat, waiting for me to switch on the TV. Praise the Lord!

* I am not too sure about the connection, but as I typed the above, I suddenly remembered that the only changes we made in Joy's routine is that we added Chia seeds into her diet. It has been 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)