Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Sunday, 2 October 2011

Meaningful life....

A lot of things happened this week. A colleague's husband passed away of sudden heart attack, an aunt gone, after 2 years bed-ridden due to stroke, a friend's brother passed away in an accident. As I got busy, ferrying my parents to attend the related functions and funeral of my aunt, some part of the drawers in my mind unlocked itself.

A sudden realization of what is considered a meaningful life? How do we rate ourselves? According to our career achievements? Money in the bank? Our properties? or from how our friends and relatives treat us when we are sick and unable to take care of ourselves?

As I watched how my cousins go about arranging everything, and how they reacted to people's offer of sympathy, my heart sank at the reality of how human is weak and selfish. As I watched my uncle, looking old, and trying hard to control his emotion, it occurred to me that he has just lost a lifetime friend. A friend who has always been there through ups and downs, and sharing everything with him. They have been together for more than 35 years. I pray and I hope that the Lord will touch his children's heart and take good care of him. I may not be close to this aunt, but the mere thought of her importance in some one's life and how her absence will change their life, made me feel sad and cry.

I guess, when it's time to return to God, nothing is more important than sincere prayers and having relatives and friends recollecting fond memories with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)